Thursday, May 22, 2008

Going at it Alone

As of today I am a lone traveler. Leland and Natasha are flying home from Buenos Aires today. This morning we went and did a session at the temple and then they took a bus to the airport and I took a bus back into the city. Sad to see my traveling companions go. Yesterday we went to the center of Buenos Aires to see some touristy stuff. We walked down La Florida which is a pedestrian only street that has shops on both sides. We saw a tango show that they were doing and as soon as I figure out how to link the blog to youtube I will post a video of it. We went to La Casa Rosada which is the Executive Branch of the Argentine government´s headquarters. Kind of like the White house. Across the plaza from the Casa Rosada is the San Martin Cathedral. A very ornate Cathedral which houses the coffin of San Martin, the liberator of several South American Countries. We went out to lunch at an all you can eat buffet. I had mostly asado but Natasha absolutely loved the sushi. I didn´t know that you could eat that much raw fish and not get sick. Tomorrow I am going back to La Plata and from there go with German out into the country to Chascomus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bjorn,
Thanks so much for this blog! Hope the rest of your visit there is perfect! I can not wait to hear more about it, especially about the Palmas and Daniel, etc!
we wait to hear from you!
Love McGoverns
ps...wish I was and had been travel with you!